A Review of Education in America
In the second part of this series evaluating the education system in America, we look at how it started. Education in the United States was initially largely private and the Bible was a main resource in a child's education.
What happened to change this? How did public education come about? Every child deserves a good education, so did our country just have the foresight and benevolence to develop public education? What were the goals of public education originally and how do we measure in meeting these goals?
This series of articles on education will be linked below via the listing of topics.
Train Up A Child Part 2 - Education Reform
- How have individuals such as Robert Owens, Frances Wright, and Horace Mann shaped education policy?
- What did America's first major education reform look like?
- Do the principles behind this reform still apply today?
Train Up A Child Series
- Part One - What Has Happened?
- Part Two - Education Reform
- Part Three - Education For All
- Part Four - A Socialist Construct
- Part Five - Redefining Traditional Values
- Part Six - Redefining Education Essentials
- Part Seven - Redefining the World View
- Conclusion - Why is This Happening?