Monday, October 31, 2011

Overcoming Lust

"Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season." Hebrews 11:25

A compilation of messages from various ministers on how to overcome lust.

Lust is never satisfied and giving in to it only feeds lust, making it bigger and making you a slave to it.

"Temptation is not sin...but the second look is."

There is a difference between worldly sorrow and Godly sorrow.

Worldly sorrow focuses on you: What is the consequence of my sin? Will I be judged? Will I go to Hell?

Godly sorrow focuses on God and says "I have sinned against the heart of the one I love so much."

"Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.  Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest."  Psalms 51:2-4


3 comments:

  1. I thank you...My older children thank you...Thank you for being obedient to the Lord.....Thank you for your time!!!Your site has blessed us all...changed our path...gotten us off the detour!!!!Glory to HIS name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO Sister I could not have put it better myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with lust at times, I work in a part of the city where there are lots of very beautiful women. I pray to God often for him to lead me to a wife. Its difficult so please pray for me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!