Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Charge to Keep I Have

charge: an amount of electricity; 
the responsibility of managing or watching over something; the amount of an explosive material (such as dynamite) that is used in a single blast; 
an obligation or requirement; 
an expense or cost; 
a violent rush forward or attack.
A Charge to Keep I Have
by Charles Wesley

A charge to keep I have,
A God to glorify!
A never-dying soul to save,
And fit it for the sky;

To serve the present age,
My calling to fulfil;
O may it all my powers engage
To do my Master's will.

Arm me with jealous care,
As in Thy sight to live;
And, O Thy servant, Lord, prepare
A strict account to give.

Help me to watch and pray,
And on Thyself rely;
Assured, if I my trust betray,
I shall for ever die.


1 comment:

  1. This was my grandpa's favorite hymn! He use to sing this ALL the time! I find myself humming this tune a lot lately! I pray you and your family are doing well sis! :)

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!