Monday, December 1, 2008

A Journey in Faith Against Cancer - Part 5

This article is part of a series which might be better understood by starting at the first post.

The Victory That Overcometh the World

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (I John 5:3-5)

As I followed God's commands for treating my cancer with Protocel, the boundaries of my faith were tried. He showed me ways in which I was trusting the world and how this trust was limiting my faith in Him. Yet, as always, He proved Himself faithful.

Three months into my treatment with Protocel, I began my first round of follow-up monitoring. The cancer tumor marker tests for both types of cancer came back normal. There was no detectable evidence of any cancer in my blood! Even more surprising to my doctors, the secondary tumor they had found in my body was gone. A couple of months later, I had my first follow-up diagnostic mammogram. That also came back clean and the radiologist gave me a "clean bill of health".

In one year since diagnosis, there is still no detectable cancer in my body and my health remains strong. While I will continue to take the Protocel until Jesus tells me otherwise, I am resting in His work in my life and knowing that through this work, He has prepared me to be a better witness to Him in these end times.

I cannot say why God allowed me to have cancer. However, in His grace, God used this experience to instill in me the faith that I would need to endure during these end times. In His mercy, He provided me with more than just a professing belief in Him, but an ability to put that profession into practice so that it became a living testimony. While Satan intended to take my life, God used this to prepare me for the days to come.

Scripture indicates that the end times will be perilous times; these include times of great financial distress, continuous wars, globalization of world systems, major upheavals in nature, the existence of a 200,000,000 army in the East, resurrection of the Roman Empire, etc. We are told that the generation that sees the rebirth of Israel as a nation will not go away before the end has come (this happened in 1948). Another major sign of the end times is apostasy; there will be a great falling away from revealed truth. This is happening now!

I cannot expound on the evidences for these being the last days in one paragraph, but my point is that this world will soon face trials that have never been experienced before. There is no way that we can get through the end times with human will alone. We must have the undergirding of the supernatural faith of God through Jesus Christ that allows us to hear what to do and obey without delay or doubt. This is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith in Christ and obedience to His words.

You may be going through various trials, but God's purpose is in strengthening you to be overcomers. By leaning on your faith in Him, you WILL overcome the world. Whether you are facing financial pressures, health concerns, family tragedies...this is a critical time in the Body of Christ. We are told in Revelation that the Bride of Christ has made herself ready; now is the time for separation between the wise and foolish virgins. Where will you stand?

Do not be dismayed by light and momentary afflications (even though they sometimes do not appear to be either light or momentary)! Yes, the trials are hard and the pressure can be crushing, but the result is a precious gem that can radiate the glory of the Living God.

"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." (I Corinthians 4:16-18)

As I reflect on this experience, I can see how these lessons in faith will be critical for me in facing the end times:
  1. Faith IN God is expressed by being faithful TO God's words.
  2. Someone else's impression of what we should do - even brothers or sisters in the Lord - is NO substitute for being obedient to what God has said. We should never choose the word of man over the word of God.
  3. When God gives direction, be strong enough to walk it out with Him alone if necessary.
  4. Silence the voice of the devil. Do not entertain thoughts that sow doubt.
  5. Do not fear death. Know that this life if temporal but that eternal life awaits those who love and serve the Lord.
So what is the purpose of these posts? I am not saying that chemo and radiation are ineffective treatments for cancer. Neither am I telling people to forsake conventional medicines or doctors. The point is that we must seek the Lord like never before. Do not be disheartened by the trials you endure, as they are preparing you to endure the hard times to come. Rather, keep your eye single and focused on the end of the matter; knowing Him in whom the end has been confirmed from the beginning.

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator." I Peter 4:16-19

Here is also a great resource on cancer: Wisdom From Above...for Cancer

UPDATE: We received in the mail today a newsletter from the Times Square Church that I felt shared the heart of what God is telling us in regards to the need for strong faith in these end times. Please read and be blessed as you ponder these words from David Wilkerson "A Time to Weep and A Time to Fight." Remember to click on the "Proceed to Newsletter" link on that page to read the actual article.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony to God's healing ability!

    Consider changes in diet, as most disease is caused by diet.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, You are absolutely right! God also dealt with me on that as well as getting proper exercise.

    In His wisdom, He has give us bodies that work to keep us strong, if we will properly maintain and care for them.

    Thank you for reminding us of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LDM,

    I too, am a cancer patient, but unlike you I chose an "alternative" treatment with an MD in NYC (my hometown) since in my case, chemo and radiation would not be as effective. I

    praise God that you have no signs of cancer, but as LennieG says, yes, change your diet. If you haven't already, drop the red meat and dairy, white bread and processed foods.

    Go "vegetarian" if you can. It is *amazing* what God placed on this earth.

    On another note, you wrote a GREAT article on Jay-Z and Beyonce. I came across your site while surfing YouTube on demon possession. I'm looking for a woman in her mid-30's who was "testifying" at, I think, a Toronto blessing meeting about here deliverance from possession, but it's quite evident that she still is possessed by an unclean spirit. It's sad that an alleged Christian is behaving in such a way. Not only because of the harm that she has done to herself but the evil influence that she has on young girls and women.

    However, keep up the good work. Keep "bringing to light" the evil that is SO prevalent around us. I will make it a point to let others know of your site.

    God bless!!!

    Sincerely,

    Kyle Yancy, aka "KyleNYC".

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kyle,

    I am sorry to hear that you are a cancer patient too, but VERY happy to hear that you know the Lord. He will see you through this!

    You are also right about Lynn's comments. I have drastically changed my diet and initially became a vegan as well. I do eat some meat occassionally now (rarely), but have really cut back on that and dairy. The processed foods (especially the white ones like flour, rice, bread, etc.) are so deadly and devoid of nutritional value. I had no understanding of that until this happened, so I am thankful for God's mercy.

    I will be in prayer about your situation for God is no respecter of persons. One thing I learned is that there are many things which can be done to fight cancer. I am also available via email if you ever just want to chat and will email my address to you via a comment to your site.

    Thank you for your encouragement. Be blessed in the Lord and may He continue to lighten your path and strengthen your body & spirit!

    Be Blessed in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bless God for your life and ministry and I pray He gives you many more wonderful testimonies as you continue to put your trust and faith in Him. He has promised that He will reward those who diligently seek Him as you have shown yourself faithful to do. God bless you!!!! I have been incredibly encouraged by your blog and the videos you produced!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How GREAT is our GOD! How GREAT is our GOD!!!!! Your testimony has blessed me...obedience is so important when living for Christ! You were (are) sopersistent in your faith and I am encouraged in the Lord because of the testimony that He has so graciously given you!

    I was nearly brought to tears not so much because of your diagnosis but becasue of the faithfulness that God showed you because of your faithfulness to Him...what a relationship! I desire the same from Our Father and am seeking more and more to learn how to hear and know HIs voice undeniably.

    Thank you for sharing...God Bless You Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi TikaStar,

    I completely understand, and thinking of God's goodness through this all still brings me to tears today. :-)

    By way of update, the cancer tumor markers continue to be low and well within the normal range. Still no evidence of cancer.

    As for your hearing from God, I know that you do. I can tell it from your communications and even on the articles on your blog. However, I know that you need to know that you hear. So, I understand your point and am more than confident that He will answer your prayers.

    Much love to you and Rashid, and the blessing that you both continue to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. please show me how to get to the first post and start at the beginning. tks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been encouraged by this, and many other of your posts. I am blessed by your wisdom and insight. Thank you for investing yourself in encouraging and equipping others for the days ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!