From God's word, we can know the following about the rapture:
- It does not happen in secret, but is announced with the voice of an archangel and the sound of a trumpet. (Matthew 24:29-31; I Corinthians 15:51-52; I Thessalonians 4:16)
- It happens after a period of tribulation (Matthew 24:21-22, 29-31; Mark 13:24-27; )
- It occurs after the sun has turned dark, the moon turns to blood, and the stars fall from the sky (Joel 2:10, 31; Isaiah 13:10; Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:25-28; Acts 2:20; Revelation 6:12)
- It occurs at the same time as the coming "day" of the Lord (Matthew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:27-28; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18; II Thessalonians 1:6-10)
- What is the "Day of the Lord"?
- What are the signs of its coming?
- What has to happen prior to the Rapture?
- What is the difference between the "wrath of Satan" and the "wrath of God"?
- What is the "Doctrine of Imminence" and is it Scriptural?
- How do the four horsemen of the Apocalypse fit into the timing of the Rapture?
- Is Matthew 24 only relevant for the Jewish believers?
- Who is the one who "restraineth" the revealing of the Anti-Christ in II Thessalonians 2:7?
"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." I Thessalonians 5:4-11