- The most important tool used in the discipleship of our children - in terms of establishing and passing on multi-generational legacy - is the home.
- Like Israel going into the Promised Land, Christians are called to be a distinct people in the midst of a culture of opposition; otherwise, they would be completely absorbed into the culture and no longer bear their distinction.
- God had to raise up a Joshua generation to claim the promises after allowing the faithless generation of Israel to die off in the wilderness.
- The Promised Land was not simply a blessing for that generation, but was to make it possible for them to pass on to their children and their children's children the fear and knowledge of the Lord.
- To a born again Christian, the most important thing in their world is knowing & serving Jesus Christ; as such, the most important thing we can do is teach those with whom we have been entrusted by God to know & serve the Lord.
- There is no one more narrow-minded and intolerant than God.
- Adopting the religious practices of the people around them is what drove Israel away from receiving the blessings of God.
- Biblical love is completely at odds with the Greco-Roman myth of romantic love. Biblical love is first and foremost an act of the will (love God with all your heart), accompanied by the emotions (with all your soul), and backed up by your actions (and with all your might).
- Love is about more than what we feel at a particular point in time.
- God commands us to teach the word of God to our children in our home because such is our job.
- Mark your family as belonging to the Lord by worshiping together as a family in your home.
- Don't forget God when He prospers you.
Saturday, December 15, 2012