We have shared this info before, but the need for corporate prayer with the saints of God is more of a necessity each day as the times grow ever darker. It is not about religious rituals, church affiliation, or doctrine, but about encouraging one another and grabbing hold unto the promises of God.
If you have not already, take time to listen to the following sermon from Min. David Pawson on the topic: Prayer with the Saints.
In part, Min. Pawson shares that:
- There is a Biblical basis for praying together. In the Gospels, Acts, the Epistles, and Revelation, there is more about praying with the saints than praying by yourself. The promises in the Gospels are nearly all to people praying together. The practice in Acts is nearly always praying to together. The precepts in the Epistles are nearly always about praying together. The predictions in Revelation are about people praying together.
- The added advantages of praying together.
- Being able to obtain the promises Jesus made about corporate prayer
- It empowers the presence & work of the Holy Spirit for infilling believers and converting the lost.
- It makes God's will more easily accessible & plain.
- It provides security & support for members of the Body of Christ.
- It turns prayer into a school for learning prayer.
- It turns prayer into a fireplace.
- It turns prayer into a powerhouse.
Access code: 409367