Saturday, July 13, 2013

God Will Not Recognize a Bastard

Sometimes, the things God says seem harsh.  In my studies this morning, He said to me, "I will not recognize a bastard" and then He told me to make that the title of a post.  I said, "REALLY God?  You want me to put that as the title of a post???"  I thought, "Man, that is kind of raw."  Yet His thoughts and ways are higher than our own (Isaiah 55:9).

This type of word from God just does not mix with the tolerant, accepting, non-confrontational, nonjudgmental type of [false] God presented in most churches these days.  Yet, there is goodness AND severity in God (Romans 11:12).

Imagine being the Creator of all and yet the creation made originally in your image becomes marred and eternally separated from you through sin.  To rescue them from themselves, you send your Son to give His life for them - being viciously tortured & dishonored - so that they may be reconciled to you and saved from the wages of sin.  Would you take the rejection of that sacrifice of love lightly?  Would it be a "small thing" for people to then still reject you so that they could stay in sin?  I figure that God is entitled to be as raw as He wants to be.  He will not pull punches nor will He mince words.  His desire for our reconciliation with Him is the motivator and it is just that serious.  He loves us enough to tell us the cold, hard truth. 

"A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD." Deuteronomy 23:2
bastard: mamzer, meaning: bastard, child of incest, illegitimate child
How does one become a bastard?  By being the offspring of an illegitimate union.
illegitimate: born of parents who are not married to each other; born out of wedlock; unlawful; illegal 
We know that those born outside of the holy union of matrimony are considered illegitimate in the world.  Instead of bringing forth fruit from the loin of your husband, you conceive from one to whom you are not married.  Instead of raising up seed from your husband, you produce seed from another.  This is what happens when we are led by a spirit of whoredoms.  We prove ourselves to be unfaithful, an adulterer, a fornicator, a harlot.  In such, we become "joined to" the one who is not our husband (I Corinthians 6:16).  It is the same in the spirit.

"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." II Corinthians 11:2 

We are born again by the seed of life planted within us from the Holy Spirit (Mark 4:14-20).  However, if we start to fornicate with the world, being led by the lusts of our own flesh, we pervert that seed (James 4:4; I Corinthians 9:11; I John 2:16).   God espouses us to Christ so that we can bring forth a Godly seed (Malachi 2:15).  Instead of bringing forth fruit from the one to whom we are betrothed, we conceive from the serpent's seed and bear forth fruit that is defiled (Matthew 13:24-30, 15:13; Hebrews 6:7-8).  Not only do we fail to produce righteous fruit, the very life we possess no longer reflects the character of God, but the one to whom we have joined ourselves, Satan (Hosea 4:17).  God will not receive that type of life because He did not birth it.

"And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." Genesis 22:15-18

In the above text, the Lord tells Abraham that because he did not withhold his son, the Lord will bless him, his seed, and all the nations of the earth.  Notice that the Lord refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only son".  However Abraham had earlier fathered another son with his wife's maid Hagar, named Ishmael (Genesis 16:1-4).  God did not acknowledge Ishmael in this discussion.  It was as if Ishmael didn't even exist.  God was still righteous towards Ishmael, and he could even experience earthly prosperity, but he was not recognized as a son (Genesis 16:10).  The only son in God's eyes was the one HE had called forth.

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed." Hebrews 12:6-13

The Three R's of Rebellion
Here me on this.  God chastens "every SON" whom he receives.  Who is the Lord speaking of in this text?  His sons.  He receives us as a son and then He starts the chastening.  If we (His sons) endure the chastening, then God will continue to deal with us as sons.  If we (His sons) do not endure chastening, then we become bastards and not sons.

Some claim that this text about being a bastard is not directed to the sons of God.  It most certainly is.  Another way in which we know this is because God puts forth a justification for why it is only reasonable for us to submit to His chastening (and not become bastards).  If we could understand why it was right & just for us to submit our earthly fathers for correction, then we should surely understand why it is important to submit to His correction.  God does not expect the sinner to submit to His correction because they have no ability to (Romans 8:7).  It is only by God's Spirit that we can yield to Him, and in submitting to His correction we will find life and become partakers of His holiness.  Contrarily, in not submitting we become bastards and are "turned out of the way", finding death and becoming partakers of Satan's unrighteousness.

Why are so many bastards when they have been called to be sons?  They will not withstand chastening.  They receive with joy the word when it is first received, but when the correction of the Lord comes, they cannot receive it.  As Matthew 13:21 states, such persons have "no root" or discipline in themselves.  Therefore, when tribulation comes because of the word which has been sown in them, they are offended.  Yet the Lord says that tribulation works patience, and patience experience, and experience hope that is not to be ashamed of (Romans 5:3-5).  God's correction is the way that His love is shed in our hearts.

In order to be a "chaste virgin" we must go through a "chastening".  These are the times for us to cut ties with everything which defiles (if we have not already).  These are the times to submit ourselves to the FATHER of Spirits so that we may live!  Don't draw back from God's correction because He is trying to produce righteous fruit in you so that He may give you life.  We must have the love for God as a Father (a Disciplinarian) in our hearts in order to be recognized by Him as His own.

"But if any man love God, the same is known of him." I Corinthians 8:3

Also recommended: The Three R's of Rebellion

7 comments:

  1. I haven't even finished reading this article yet and must respond before I forget all of the confirmations thus far. I, for the last few months, have been working on a Statement of Faith that God has very specifically called me to type. I literally just sent (seconds before reading this blog) the lengthy document to an online printing company and then clicked on your blog to see if there was a new article. Do you know that the content of this article (the 3/4 I have read :) ) represents a major component of the Statement of Faith He specifically called me to type, and ultimately to give to many within my church and beyond.

    I have on countless occasions heard people misinterpret the Hebrews verse, as you stated: "Some claim that this text about being a bastard is not directed to the sons of God."

    I have not finished reading your article, so you may have included this, but a few verses from the Hebrews verse, we see an example of Esau who sold his birthright. As I stated in my "Statement of Faith", that example is not given for any reason other than to admonish believers that without continuance IN the faith (which includes growth through chastisement and instruction), we too can sell our birthright.

    The Spirit truly opened my eyes while typing up the "Statement of Faith" regarding the Hebrews chapter. I'll try to copy and paste it onto my blog in due time. Just to read so many revelations that He gave you within this blog entry and how they completely support the very revelations He gave me, and more importantly, the timing of reading these seconds after walking by faith when ordering copies... God knew I so needed this. I have wept and prayed for His guidance throughout the last few months -- reminding Him that I did not want to include anything within that "Statement of Faith" that was against His will and His truth. I am so thankful, again, that you are a willing vessel who wants to hear from Him and speak His truth.

    In addition, He had me spend quite a bit of time while typing the "Statement of Faith" on being born again. Specifically, the relation to a person being IN CHRIST, being born again is ONLY USED IN PRESENT TENSE FORM. It is not a one time past event - it must be a continual present state. In 1 John alone, John uses phrases like "is born again" or "is born of God." IS represents presently. John doesn't write that one "was" born again. No, he uses IS.

    God truly excites me.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Joy I thank God for using you. God truly excites me when He brings more understanding to passages of the Bible that I have read so many times. I never looked at Jacob and Esau in this light. Also being born again as a continued state, wow...
      Latter Days, I always thank God for your timely writings and I truly feel such joy in being obedient to Him. I have NEVER felt that way before in my relationship with Him. I truly am born again after 15 years! When I accepted Christ it was after my mom had witnessed to my brother and I and showed us some 1970's rapture film. It SCARED me because I just wanted to not be left behind. I really understand now why I never had any real joy in being obedient. I was a bastard with no root and I withered and choked under the cares of this world. I was crying so hard while praying last night because I truly felt joy in obeying Him by laying aside everything that was holding me back.

      Delete
    2. gijane02,

      What a wonderful testimony. The Lord has been teaching me so much these last months regarding the body of believers truly praying for one another -- I am humbled by His truth and more importantly, His glorious plan. I take joy in praying for you and all of us who are IN the faith.

      Delete
    3. Amen Joy! It is interesting because the subject of this article was not even what I was studying that morning. Pastor Price is currently working on a book that I think goes to the heart of this, explaining how being born again is designed to be an organic process where the nature of Christ is birthed and then matured within us until that very life manifests as a witness to the world. I've spoken to so many who claim to be Christian but do not understand what the Gospel message even is. The understanding that God has given you is so desperately needed by so many who have been misled or even openly lied to about salvation. God will make a way to get out this truth and save those who truly desire to be...vs. those who just want to appear righteous externally.

      Thank you Sister as always for sharing.

      Delete
    4. Hi GIJane,

      You said, "I truly feel such joy in being obedient to Him. " That is exactly where we need to get to; everyone who calls themselves a Christian.

      "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." I John 5:3

      Obeying God is not grievous. Once we see them as they truly are - our path to freedom from enslavement to the Devil and his world - we understand how much of a blessing they are. But we have to be ready to let go of the old, carnal life in order to appreciate that. If we are still trying to live for ourselves in any way, then His commands will seem burdensome.

      I thank God for you Sister!

      Delete
  2. Does this mean that children who were born out of wedlock are not eligible for salvation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stand4Truth07,

      Remember that God is a Father to the fatherless (Psalm 68:5). Whether one has a father in the physical realm or not, all are bastards spiritually who are not reconciled to our Heavenly Father through Christ Jesus, His Son.

      God Bless

      Delete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!