Thursday, November 20, 2014

Overwhelmed

The lyrics of this song touch my heart deeply every time I hear it.  

"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." Matthew 18:2-5

I see the work of Your Hands
Galaxies spin in a Heavenly dance oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming

I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it’s a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming

I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You’ll be my God
All that You’ve done is so overwhelming

I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You

You are Beautiful, You are Beautiful
Oh God, there is no one more Beautiful
You are Beautiful, God you are the most Beautiful

You are Wonderful, You are Wonderful
Oh God, there is no one more Wonderful
You are Wonderful, God You are the most Wonderful

You are Glorious, You are Glorious
Oh God, there is no one more Glorious
You are Glorious, God you are the most Glorious

*Wewe ni mzuri, (You are wonderful)
 Wewe ni wa ajabu (You are amazing)
 Wewe ni mtukufu, (You are exalted)
 Wewe ni mfalme wangu (You are my king)

*Thank you BillowBreaker for the above!  :-)

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing. I had never heard this song before, and now I've had it playing on repeat in my head all week. And the timing was perfect. It's been a rough and discouraging week, one where I've found myself weeping, broken and on my knees over the things I see around me, but at the same time I find myself thanking God... Not for the things that are causing my spirit to cry out and my heart to ache, but for the very fact that my heart is breaking and that He is opening my eyes to things I hadn't previously seen. How many times have I sung the song "Hosanna" and earnestly prayed, "God, take my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours, everything I am for Your kingdom's cause, as I walk from earth into eternity...?" And here He is, finally starting to answer those very things.... And for that, I am grateful, even if it hurts... Because I'd rather be walking with a limp, but walking with Him, than dancing with the rest of the world.
    All that to say, this song was like a soothing balm on the battle wounds of this past week. Why? Because it was a great reminder to fix my eyes on Him, and to focus on who and what HE is. Even in the midst of a world that is broken, blinded, lost and to be honest, ugly at times, He remains Wonderful. Glorious. Beautiful. And if I'm to be overwhelmed by anything or anyone, it shouldn't be the world, fear, disappointment, doubt, regret or whatever else the devil throws at me, but the AWEsomeness, faithfulness, goodness, mercy, love and sovereignty of Yahweh.
    In short, this song helped get my eyes off self, and all that's around me, to where it needed to be again. On Him.
    (Oh, and on a random note. I was blessed and surprised to hear the kids singing in the background at the end of the song, especially when I recognized that they were singing in Swahili. Reminds me of growing up in Kenya. :) ) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly there with you; embracing the importance of keeping my eyes on Jesus in order to make it through even just one day in this world. The despair and perversion is suffocating. Yet, God's beauty and glory are unparalleled.

      Are they singing in Swahili? I didn't know that. What an additional blessing for me too. Both my first and middle names are Swahili, meaning "beautiful life".

      Thank you for sharing as always. God Bless!

      Delete
    2. I thought you might also be blessed by this message: Is Your Life Worth Living

      In it, Min. David Pawson reviews the book of Ecclesiastes. In part of his discourse, he notes the following:

      "Whenever Solomon looked to God in Ecclesiastes, he had joy and hope. Whenever he focused on human behavior & observation, he got more and more depressed."

      Delete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!