Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maybe It's Just Me...

But I expect to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Not only some time far off in the future, not one day when I 'get to Heaven', but even now as we live and breathe in this world.

I wake up each day looking to see my Savior and to have there be a continued difference in my life because of Him.  I have the expectation daily that souls will be restored and captives set free; that people will be turned from darkness to light.  That God will move in miraculous and wondrous ways which cause His name to be glorified...even amongst those who may have denied Him the day before.  I expect that I will walk in as well as be changed and kept by His awesome power.

We are not just serving some pie in the sky speculation, but God is more real than you and I.  He is a Father who desires to commune with us and have us as His own.  Every second is being worked out according to His sovereign will, and nothing is able to change that.

I pray each day that I see things as He sees them.  That my heart be filled with the desires of His heart.  That my ears be open to His words...and my will be quick to obey.  Like a trusting child, I can yield myself to Him without reservation, knowing that He cares for me and desires only that which is best for me.  Even His chastening is done out of His love for me.

I will keep my eyes on things above so that no circumstance overtake, deter or distract me.  I will keep my mind on Him so that I will be in perfect peace, even when in the midst of turmoil.  I can rejoice, even in my sufferings, for He is with me and He strengthens me.  He even strengthens me to wait upon Him when it seems no answer is near.  I know by His promises that I will also share in His resurrection for He has already overcome the world.

I refuse to settle for the religious existence of a shallow life where I confess the Lord with my lips, but do not actually know Him nor am known by Him.  I know that I can and will experience Him personally in my life each day as I make Him a priority.  I am His and He is mine; He is the lover of my soul.

Today, I trust that God will order my steps, provide for every need, and have His perfect way in me as He uses me as a vessel of His love to others.  I pray, trust and believe these things because...

I expect to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  And this hope purifies.

"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:13-14

2 comments:

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!