"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace." Psalms 144:12
Who Is Guarding the Front Door of Your House" and was posted in a comment today.
We have written before about how the education system in this country has been designed to destroy our young people by indoctrinating them with new age, anti-Christ teaching. We have spoken about the defiled music which imparts a spirit of rebellion into them so that they resent authority and are desensitized to illicit sexual activity.
Many things in our culture work to pervert the youth of today, but the first lessons that our children will learn are in the home. We cannot leave the raising of our children to anyone else; it is not the responsibility of the schools or of the churches. It is the responsibility of the parents.
In times of despair, we must remember that we have been given power by the Lord Jesus to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, to stand in the gap for them should they stray, and to hold back the evil schemes of the devil from trying to destroy their lives.
Let's take this calling to heart. God has entrusted these blessings to us, so let us never shirk this responsibility or take it lightly.
- It is not the music, the education system or the backslidden church which is sending young people on the path to Hell. It is something that happens in the home.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to set a Godly example of faith for their children.
- Many are rushing around to go to revival meetings to get a blessing, but the children are falling to the wayside.
- A true revival, a true work of the Holy Spirit is that of restoring the gates that guard the house from abominations with parents guarding the doors.
- We are going to have to answer to God for how we have raised our children.
- For children who have gone astray, we have the power to pray & seek the face of God, bathing our children in prayer as we pray Holy Ghost miserables on them until sin becomes so miserable that they are brought back to the cross.
- Don't preach or nag at your children if they are backslidden. Take it to God in prayer and leave it there. Turn them over to Jesus!
- If you stand unwavering for the word of God, He promises that somewhere along the way they will be brought back to the place of obedience to that word (Proverbs 22:6).
- There is a covenant promise in His word available to us if we decide to fast and pray for our children (Isaiah 44:1-4).
"Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen: Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses."
- Don't let Satan lie to you that you will lose your kids. Keep in prayer and have faith.
- The very Holy Spirit that God has poured on you He will pour on your children!
- Lay your hands on them and pray over them, even while they are sleeping.
- Claim the promises of God over your children and you will see the devil run from them.