- The secret of religion is religion in secret.
- In theory, having a secret life of prayer should be the easiest thing to do.
- By nature we are blind and deaf to the Lord and we must learn to communicate without relying on our senses.
- In most things that we learn, we have to learn them as a duty before they become a delight.
- Let your feelings be hooked unto your faith; don't let your faith be hooked unto your feelings.
- When we persist in prayer out of love & obedience to God, we can come to the point where hindsight proves He was there all along.
- The more relaxed with, and related to, God we are in prayer, the more we are aware of His presence in the spirit.
- If you are having issues with being aware of the presence of God when you pray, ask Him to fill you with His Spirit.
- There is a level of prayer which is not limited by bodily senses or mental deduction, but is made real by spiritual awareness.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011