He has shared just a little recently about what he and his family are going through in an article called "A Message to Overwhelmed Believers", but the words below are important for us all - regardless of the trial.
No matter your situation, I pray that you (and I too) can always answer wholeheartedly, "Yes, Lord! I still believe."
Do You Still Believe?
Recently I had an unusual experience while in meditation with the Lord. His still small voice asked of me, “Do you still believe?”
“Do you believe I still love you unconditionally—that you are right now being led by the Holy Spirit—that every tear you shed I bottle—that you are right now in this place, in this very hour, in the perfect will of God?
“Do you believe all things still work together for good to them that love me—that I hear your prayers, even when you have no audible words to express them, when all seems dark and you are overwhelmed—when fear lays hold on your mind and soul—when it seems I have shut the heavens to you?
“David, do you still believe I feed all living things: the fish of the sea, the cattle, the fowls, all creeping things? Do you still believe I count every hair on your head—that I take note of every fallen bird on the face of the earth? Do you truly believe that?
Do you still believe—when death comes to your loved ones? Do you still believe what you have testified, that I give comfort and strength to face even the grave?
“Do you still believe I love you—I forgive you all your past sins, your present sins—and I will forgive all future sins if you rest and trust me? Do you believe I understand when Satan sends his messengers against you to implant lies, doubts, blasphemies, fears, despair?
“Do you still believe you are in the palm of my hand—that you are more precious than gold to your Savior—that eternal life is your future—that there is no power that can pluck you out of my hand—that I still am touched by every infirmity and affliction you endure? Do you still believe these things are true?”
My answer is emphatically YES! Yes, Lord, I still believe it all and more—much more!
Read all of Psalm 103 and ask yourself, “Do I still believe it? All of it?”
Psalm 103A Psalm of David.
1. BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
2. Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--
3. Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,
4. Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
5. Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!
6. The Lord executes righteousness and justice [not for me only, but] for all who are oppressed.
7. He made known His ways [of righteousness and justice] to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.
8. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness.
9. He will not always chide or be contending, neither will He keep His anger forever or hold a grudge.
10. He has not dealt with us after our sins nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great are His mercy and loving-kindness toward those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13. As a father loves and pities his children, so the Lord loves and pities those who fear Him [with reverence, worship, and awe].
14. For He knows our frame, He [earnestly] remembers and imprints [on His heart] that we are dust.
15. As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16. For the wind passes over it and it is gone, and its place shall know it no more.
17. But the mercy and loving-kindness of the Lord are from everlasting to everlasting upon those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him, and His righteousness is to children's children--
18. To such as keep His covenant [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it] and to those who [earnestly] remember His commandments to do them [imprinting them on their hearts].
19. The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, and His kingdom rules over all.
20. Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments, hearkening to the voice of His word.
21. Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, all you His hosts, you His ministers who do His pleasure.
22. Bless the Lord, all His works in all places of His dominion; bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul!