Consider the Source
"For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Romans 11:29
The following is a message from Pastor Zac Poonen on the power of the Spirit, prophecy, and prayer.
- Some denominations don't talk about the power of the Holy Spirit at all.
- Where there is not much spiritual life, there is not much spiritual death.
- EVERYTHING in the New Testament is for us! The fullness of the Holy Spirit is real. The gifts of the Spirit are real. But they can also be counterfeited by Satan.
- Even the devil has supernatural powers which were given to him before he fell. The gifts of God are without repentance.
- The gift itself is not the sign of God's continued anointing, but one's continued fellowship with God. Gifts can deceive, but we know them by their fruit.
- The fruits of the Spirit insulate the gifts of the Spirit.
- Under the anointing of God, both sons and daughters of God will prophecy. Women are not to be an elder or teacher of men, but they can prophesy.
- To prophecy is "speaking unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort." (I Corinthians 14:3)
- When you are in touch with God, the secrets of people's hearts are made manifest.
- We need spiritual eyes to see where God is today in terms of fellowship.