Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Color Purple and Other Feminist Lies

Feminists Kill Children

A disturbing article was shared with me recently:  How My Mother's Fanatical Views Tore Us Apart by Rebecca Walker.  I couldn't even finish the article initially without becoming overwhelmingly heartsick (and physically sick) at the devastation feminism has done; both to the author of that article, women in general, and society as a whole.

Many will look at the picture of the woman on the right and consider her to be a revolutionary.  An insightful & inspirational poet.  A trailblazer for women's rights.  This is certainly how my college portrayed her.  Not only had she attended my alma mater, but Spelman College listed many of Dr. Alice Walker's works as required reading.  Her ideologies permeated the curriculum and attitude of that women's only institution.  Our minds were being molded, but molded to be what?

As a child I remember reading Dr. Walker's book The Color Purple, and later watching the movie featuring Oprah Winfrey.  My favorite scene was Shug being drawn away from what I now know was a lesbian serenade with Celie to singing "God's Trying to Tell You Something" in a church reunion with her minister father (ironic to say the least).  I also remember somewhat of an uproar coming from African-American men, describing the book as "anti-man".  Each man in the movie was either a fornicator, abuser, adulterer, liar, weakling, or self-centered scoundrel.  I didn't understand their issue at the time. I didn't realize that there were no positive portrayals of men in the movie...nor did I get why such even mattered.  I didn't pick up on the lesbian innuendos between Celie and Shug, nor understand that this relationship was the glue to the whole story. 

During graduation ceremonies from Spelman College, I can remember President Dr. Johnnetta B. Cole admonishing our class that we had a debt to pay to society in exchange for the education we had received.  How must we repay this debt?  By putting off marriage and the having of children.  For Spelman - whose motto is "Women Who Serve" - marriage and children were somehow the antithesis of service.  We were called upon to be world leaders, and only once we had made our mark in the world should we consider marriage & children...and only then would we be worthy to represent the Spelman name.

Image used by Spelman's Lesbian
Bisexual Alliance (LBA) Afrekete.
Don't get me wrong.  I appreciate having been able to obtain a college education and am ever grateful for my parents in affording me the opportunity to do so.  Yet what is the true legacy of this type of indoctrination?  One only needs to take a look at the condition of this institution today to see its fruit.

Currently, Spelman College is filled with a plague of lesbianism.  It is reportedly, "Out in Front" in the promotion of LBGT concerns.  We have even personally heard from Spelman students seeking deliverance from lesbianism and sharing stories of how common it is for there to be same sex activities in the dorms - even amongst those who do not consider themselves to be lesbian.  Spelman's all-male "brother" school Morehouse College is also being overrun with homosexuality, having to modify school policy regarding the wearing of dresses and leading U.S. President Barack Obama to encourage their graduates to be the "best husbands" to their boyfriends or partners.  Even so, the Morehouse alumni are still lobbying for greater acceptance of homosexuality among the student body.

This post is not a criticism of Spelman and Morehouse specifically, as they are merely reflective of society as a whole.  It is about the fallen spirits which promote these perverse ideologies; and the fruit of these spirits has clearly become manifest all around us.

Feminist jargon is nothing more than a lure and trap into homosexuality (or at the very least, a homosexual mindset).  Although feminism hides behind a misnomer of "independence and equality", what it really represents is a bitter hatred of children and men.  It is a code word for "natural affections" being rejected (II Timothy 3:2-3; Romans 1:26) and marriage & children being seen as the enemy.  Nothing makes this more plain than to hear the story of Rebecca Walker, daughter of one of the most prominent feminists of our day.  Just some of her comments include:
Feminist Gloria Steinam proudly proclaims to
be a murderer of her own child.
"You see, my mum taught me that children enslave women. I grew up believing that children are millstones around your neck, and the idea that motherhood can make you blissfully happy is a complete fairytale."

"I was raised to believe that women need men like a fish needs a bicycle."

"As a little girl, I wasn't even allowed to play with dolls or stuffed toys in case they brought out a maternal instinct. It was drummed into me that being a mother, raising children and running a home were a form of slavery. Having a career, travelling the world and being independent were what really mattered..."

"Feminism has betrayed an entire generation of women into childlessness. It is devastating."
Even though she has pulled away from some of her mother's viscous teachings, you can still see the affects of these doctrines in Rebecca's life.  At the age of 18, she rejected the last name of her father and chose instead to take the last name of her mother.  Further, she is only able to embrace "motherhood", but not "womanhood".  She says at one point in regards to her son's father, "I knew I had found the man I wanted to have a baby with. Gentle, kind and hugely supportive, he is, as I knew he would be, the most wonderful father."  Notice that there is no personal connection with the man himself.  There is no yearning for a personal, fulfilling relationship with the targeted "father" of her child.  A man remains just an accessory from which she can fulfill her own desires (i.e., a child).  Unable to experience communion with a man, Rebecca remains a bisexual.

How is it possible for this woman to recognize the error of her mothers ways, yet still turn exactly into what her mother represents?  This should let you know that we are not simply dealing with a matter of the will or intellect; we are dealing with a spirit. It doesn't matter what you know, if not for the blood of Jesus Christ bringing complete deliverance from that spirit, you will still be under its influence.

What the world calls feminism is nothing more than the promotion of the spirit of Jezebel, whom Scripture says was both a witch and a whore (II Kings 9:22).  She refused to honor her husband precisely because she refused to honor the God of her husband. She could never recognize the purpose and authority of a man because she has fallen for the same lie spoken to Eve in the Garden, "You can be a god yourself." (Genesis 3:5).  This spirit changes you into that which is incompatible with a man; one which only seeks to castrate/effeminize, manipulate, seduce, or dominate him. It is the wickedness of this spirit which leads Jezebel's daughter Athaliah to try and kill all of her own grandchildren in order to secure her reign as Queen and retain her place of power over God's people (II Kings 11:1-16).

Whether you ever actually participate in homosexual acts or not, this spirit can still influence you.  It projects a "No man is going to tell me what to do" attitude.  It complains about how much of a burden children are and uses the children as a means to glorify itself and receive worship.  Even if the child is not killed physically, it overpowers and demeans the child so as to snuff out whatever spiritual life the child may have.  There is no nature to nurture and care for your own children.  It considers a career or worldly achievement to be more important than a family. It cannot complement a man, but must compete with him.  Jezebel will either make you masculine in demeanor (what the world calls butch) or it will make a you a seductress.  This spirit becomes whatever it needs to be in order to control others.

This is not about being married or even having children.  It is about making sure that every vestige of the dominating spirit is gone so that we can be exactly who we are designed to be: women of virtue.  There is fulfillment and yes, even JOY in being exactly whom God has designed us to be, whether male or female.  Even now there is a day of judgment awaiting Jezebel (Revelation 2:20-23).  May each and every woman seek to be delivered of that spirit and made new in virtue after the image of God.

I recently posted an article on the Omega Ministries Man-Up Manifesto.  I feel it is only appropriate to post a similar article with resources for women.  I pray the info below edify you and compel you closer to the heart of God.

The Beauty of Submission
What then is the purpose for which woman was created and why is it so critical that she submit to her husband?

Hadassah
If only the men would stand up and take their place.

A Head & A Help
What is man's relationship with Woman?

One Flesh
What was marriage designed to be by God?

Set Apart Femininity
Understanding what it means to be set apart for Jesus Christ as a young girl or woman.

Turning From a Spirit of Whoredoms
The poisonous fruit of feminism promises a bright, shiny red apple which looks pleasant and able to make one wise, but once bitten it brings death.

Jezebel - The Controlling Spirit
Why Jezebel seeks illegitimate control and how to stop that spirit.

We War with Jezebel
Why Jezebel is one of the most strong and yet unaddressed spirits in the church and how to wage war with it.

Women, Reverence Your Husbands
Things to keep in mind about reverencing your husband.

The War on Men Through the Veneration of Women
How the perversion of womanhood is causing the war on men.

Seven Vials for Jezebel
The particular role Jezebel has in the last days of God's judgment.

Common Objections to Biblical Patriarchy
While one who has his/her heart set on rebelling against God will find any excuse to do so, here are addressed some of the more common objections people have to patriarchy. 

The Elect Lady
What does it mean to be an "Elect Lady"?

Women of War
Women are still called to be warriors

Women and the Last of the Last Days
Satan's last days stand is the same as his initial one: use the woman as a tool against the man in order to thwart the plan of God.

Women in the Church
The woman's vital role in the Church

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this and for allowing the Lord to use you to bring forth the MEAT! Brother Joseph Herrin did a series on the Jezebel spirit on his blog that is really good as well. I am an 80's baby so I remember being creeped out and uncomfortable by the lesbian scene between Ceile and Shug. Also the girl groups of the 90's had so many 'girl power' anthems so I had some feminist views in my mind from having BET and MTV on 24/7 growing up. The song 'Miss Independent' by Ne-yo comes to mind as well. I thank the Lord that my feminist 'lite' views were not to the degree of forsaking being a wife and mother. They were still not of God though. I knew I wanted to do both, but also being a working woman. I envisioned myself juggling it all I think. I remember thinking very low of women who just stayed at home and 'wasted' their life. How blind of me! I have been married for only eight years but looking back, I can see how the Lord put the strong desire in me to bring me to this place in my life as a wife and stay-at-home mom. I served for five years in the Army and while I was pregnant with my daughter I decided to get out before my contract was over. It was just gut wrenching to think of leaving her all day and me not being there for those precious early years. I had time remaining to serve after that, so after a two year break I was called to Iraq. That did it right there. NO WAY was I going to continue in the military being away from my babies. I also just didn't have the heart for military service anymore as well, so I was sure that I was not going to re-enlist. It was hard because of the economy and jobs, but the Lord wants us to trust Him for everything. Our society has chipped away at the family and it is the norm to expect both parents to be working. The Lord has been strengthening my faith to stand in my role as being there for my girls at home. I am not Donna Reid, but I am learning to find joy in the day to day working of the home. It's hard when the unfolded laundry piles up, lol! Anyway, that article was shocking and sad. How could she be that way to her daughter? I didn't see where she said she was bisexual, but she seems to have no intention of marrying her child's father it seems. That seems to be the choice of women in this age as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GIJane02,

      Yes, Rebecca is a bisexual, although that info was not in this particular article. She also did eventually marry the father of her son, but wrote a recent article talking about her first lesbian experience, how she is still bisexual, and how happy she is that she is not just limited to men (including her husband) in terms of having sexual intimacy. In all, it just shows to me how feminism (or rather, the spirit of Jezebel) perverts our perspective of what it is to be be man or woman. Everything is about "me"; me being satisfied, me getting what I want to get, me being happy. It is a very self-centered spirit (as are all demons I suppose).

      I was just speaking the other day with another Sister in the Lord about the pressures to maintain a two-parent working household. Now, if we look at the Proverbs 31 woman, she was a working woman. The difference is that her priority - no matter what else she did - was her home. Everything she did revolved around that. It is a false impression many have that "stay-at-home" moms don't work. Being a mom is one of the busiest jobs I know. LOL

      You say, "I am not Donna Reid, but I am learning to find joy in the day to day working of the home." That is just what I mean. When we (male & female) get in the places He has prepared us to be in, we find fulfillment. We even find joy. Nobody knows us better than He who created us. I am not saying every woman needs to be married and have children. I am saying that the devil always works to have us be the opposite of what we were designed to be. And if I can just add...the laundry NEVER does end!

      God Bless!

      Delete
    2. Amen! Yes the work is always there and the laundry pile stays high LOL! I'm sure most of us have heard of this, but if the number of jobs that a mother performs were PAYING jobs we would be millionares! Anyway I thank God for His mercy and I am truly finding real joy in dying to self each day.

      Delete
  2. Another great article, Mia! Thanks for your obedience & willingness to bear your cross for Christ. There's a lot of pride in graduates of elite universities; I understand the cost for these graduates of forsaking all for Christ. God bless! Eric

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!