Thursday, December 8, 2011

Praying to God

A message from Min. David Pawson about prayer to the Father.
  • For a Christian, prayer is never private.
  • For a Christian, prayer is not meditation, but conversation.
  • Prayer is simple.  It is a child telling his Father what he needs.
  • Prayer is a privilege.
  • Our goal should be to develop a relationship with God and not ritual for God via prayer.
  • For many, prayer is a matter of fortune; but for Christians it is a matter of faith.
  • Seven requirements for praying in faith:
    • I must believe that God is there.  The Bible is indifferent to whether you "feel" He is there or not, but you must have faith.
    • I must believe that God is personal; that He is someone and not something
    • I must believe that God hears me.
    • I must believe that God will listen to my prayer.
    • I must believe that God will reply.
    • I must believe that God can act and that prayer can changes things as well as people.
    • I must believe that God will give what we ask for.
  • Don't try and "feel" your faith.
  • Don't try and force your faith.
  • Stimulate your faith by listening to other answers to prayer and reading the Bible.
  • Stretch your faith by praying within your faith.
  • Your faith needs to meet God's Fatherhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!